Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Too Khar and more Too Khar

Wanna know how I get people to invite me over for dinner? First I broadcast to everyone (those who are kind enough to listen) that I don't cook and that I survive mainly on leftovers, sandwiches and maggi mee. Then I follow up by putting on the most pathetic face I can master....dog owners will know what I mean. So far it has worked very well in my favor. Last night I was invited over to E and BB's house for "too khar" and tomorrow I will be having dinner with D and I ...... another round of "too khar". BB not only cooked "too khar" (thankfully no smell because she gave it a hot shower before cooking it) but she also made "lobak" (Singapore version) and fried some of her own home grown vegetables...... Am I blessed or am I blessed??

5 comments:

... said...

So nice! I oso wantttttt....

Nevermind, once I'm back, you have no excuse to eat sandwiches, leftovers and maggi mee! I want PROPER food!

*grin*

Wandernut said...

Too khar...
Too = Pork
Khar = err... leg? trotter?

Hehehehehehe!

Anonymous said...

Is it the vinegar one like the one dad 'tried' to make like..a 'few' times liao?


D son

lyn said...

Yes Wandernut it is pigs trotters and its very yummy....
D, its different because it has a lot of "chap" and different from the dry vinegar dish dad cooks.
Okay E,mummy will allow you to cook when you get home ha ha ha

... said...

*backfired*

I thought you were gonna cook for me. Cheh!

:p