Friday, August 17, 2007

Volunteering in Bible College


After being a student for more than 5 years, its a refreshing change to actually do some work. Perhaps I shouldn't use the word "work" because to be honest, all I do is answer the phone. But its kinda nice to feel needed now and again..... With the kids all grown and hubby away in China, I sometimes get the feeling of being redundant. Its not something which is easy to explain, but there is this sense of being unwanted and no longer necessary in their lives. I'm sure that's not how my husband or my kids feel about me but its one of those emotions that just takes you by surprise every now and then (once or twice a month). Although I love my own company, share my house with three wonderful persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and thank God for a hubby and kids that are independent, this feeling is very hard to shake off.....especially when I am not doing anything. Maybe its because I miss them and miss being a mummy and wifey......now I truly understand what it means to "be tied to your mum's apron strings". The problem is with the mother...we cannot let go lah...ha ha ha

6 comments:

... said...

I NEED YOU!

See, that's why you should come visit me in Melbourne! I need your company and advice and to go wedding dress shopping and go look for potentials real estate areas, and go shopping for something to wear for my convocation and teach me some financial stuff so I get started on the right foot and force me to exercise and make sure I eat healthily and help me plan 'the day' and cut my hair and Ed's hair and...need I say more?

Anonymous said...

We need you. We appreciate all that you do for mom. You do an amazing job satisfying most of her needs (noone can ever satisfy ALL of a mother's needs) - this is on top of your nucleus family's needs and accomplishing it all in multiple continents Being far away, sometimes it is the "out of sight, out of mind" thing. It is not that you're not needed but we haven't expressed appreciations for your efforts.

Anonymous said...

I do have your blog address on my favorites. But who can forget 'oldbuttrying' since we are on the same boat..lol...
Love the flowers. Is that really a purple rose?
Too Khar is supposed to strengthen those old bones in the legs, so they say haha...But it looks bad when you try to throw away the skin in front of the person who cooked the too khar for you u'know?!

Anonymous said...

How come no pictures of yours? Publish some ler...

lyn said...

Erin-No more feeling as if I have passed the expiry date ha ha ha. Back to normal.

Amy-Thanks for your encouragement.

WaiFun-Yes it is a "purple" rose and right now the garden is getting ready to bloom cos spring is on its way. Are you sure that Too Khar can strengthen bones...so far it has only strengthened the stomach tyres ha ha ha. Will see what I can do about adding a photo of gorgeous ME! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. You turn on the light, you feed them, clean their home, make sure no one died yet, check the filter, wipe the glass and then sit down to watch while they swim and play around. And not one freakin word of thanks. Blardy fish!

"Just take the naughty one out and flush it down the toilet bowl ler" WN (2007)

Still grasping at the apron strings,

D