Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Grandmothering...not so easy lor

Okay E don't panic....just a little episode on Sunday with my neighbor's kids. Liam and Jade followed me to church on Sunday...and came along for the farewell "tim sum" lunch we had for one of the students who was going home to Indonesia. Trust me, if I hadn't had all the help from the rest of the students in my church....I would have collapsed and died on the spot.....and these are good kids! Liam couldn't stop eating and Jade refused to eat (reminded me of D and E when they were young....you decide who's the eater and non-eater....although now they both look equally "well fed" hee hee) Then there were multiple trips to the loo, playing under the table, and running in the streets......Thankfully, God made it impossible for people my age to have any more kids. We only get to be grandmothers, yipee.......So D and E if you want me to look after your kids or dogs or whatever, please don't wait until I am too old to run after them or throw sticks for them to catch. This same advice also goes out to the two who call me "mak ee", especially the younger of the two.


Jade eating the only "crispy" tim sum dish





Very happy eating practically everything that was served!





3 comments:

... said...

They look cute! Funny, I just realised that I've never met them.

Anyhoo, have fun 'practicing'! It'll be atleast 3 years before you get to play with the 'real thing'! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

wow.. she's got it all planned out! hehehe.. anyway i guess mine will take another decade long! hehe.. Baby Ryan is gonna pop into our lives very very soon.. actually, anytime now! they are waiting for the right timing.. hopefully 08/08/2007.. haha.. which is this coming Wednesday! :) im sooooo excited!

Anonymous said...

Little Ryan Chu,
Where are you?
May your head pop right on through..

Little Ryan Chu,
When are you?
May your birth be easily remembered..

*Sung to the tune of Scooby dooby doo..


P.S- Dear mom, you now have at least 30 grandchildren. They don't cost that much to maintain and they all have colourful personalities. Their favourite cartoon is Finding Nemo, and certain versions of Moby Dick.


D